The Rocky Vista University (RVU) Office of Research Compliance and Quality Assurance (QRC-QA) provides compliance information and assistance to RVU students, faculty, and staff in the areas of research, grants, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) activities.
The Office carries out a number of functions in these areas, including:
- Maintains institutional compliance with regulatory issues related to research and scholarly activity.
- Oversees Human Subjects protection through program oversight, education, policy setting, and outreach.
- Provides training in the ethical conduct of research, biosafety (including OSHA training), use of animals in research and institutional review board requirements.
- Serves as a clearinghouse and repository for all research proposals and projects involving human subjects, and refers research applications to the RVU IRB for formal review and approval.
- Provides administrative support to the IRB and assistance to investigators who are preparing IRB applications.
- Maintains records of IRB reviews and approvals for investigators, and tracks progress reports, renewal requests, and ensures adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates innovation, collaboration, and involvement across the RVU community.