The RVU branch of the AMWA organization – the largest network of female residents, physicians, and medical students – is designed to foster women students as leaders in medicine through:
- Networking and mentoring opportunities, including organizing local events and connecting with female leaders in medicine.
- Funding and education initiatives.
- Raising awareness of gender equity.
- Promoting the need for the increased study of women’s health issues.
- Increased women’s representation in medical school through outreach and recruitment.
- Providing resources to female students on RVU’s campuses.
- Connecting female students with national AMWA initiatives and leadership.
Upcoming Club Events
For more information, you may contact:
- Dr. Susan Carter, Faculty Advisor for the RVU-CO AMWA Club, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kailey Stiles, President of the RVU-CO AMWA Club, at email@example.com.
- Haley Shumway, Region 8 Director for AMWA on the Southern Utah campus, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Medical Women’s Association
The American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA) is an organization that seeks to empower women to lead in improving health for all from the unique perspective of women, while serving as the voice for women’s health and the advancement of women in medicine. AMWA functions at the local, national, and international level and provides and develops leadership, advocacy, education, expertise, mentoring, and strategic alliances. Membership in the organization is comprised of physicians, residents, medical students, pre-medical students, health care professionals, and supporters. AMWA is also the oldest multi-specialty organization dedicated to advancing women in medicine and improving women’s health. Click here for more information on AMWA. For apparel and other merchandise, visit the AMWA Shop.