For the commencement ceremony, you must rent regalia. This includes a cap, gown, hood, and tassel. You may rent these items through the approved website, which will be provided. Immediately following the commencement ceremony, you will return the items (except for the tassel) at the Chambers Grand Salon in the Denver Performing Arts Complex.
Guest Hooder Registration and Regalia
During the commencement ceremony, a guest hooder of your choosing will hood you with your doctoral colors. You may select one immediate family member (parent, grandparent, spouse, sibling, or child) or an important mentor (e.g. RVU Faculty member) with a terminal degree at the doctoral level (DO, MD, JD, EdD, DVM, PhD, PharmD, etc.).**
It will be your responsibility to register, pay for, and pick up your guest hooder’s regalia. You may rent these items through the approved website, which will be provided to you. Immediately following the commencement ceremony, they will return any rented items at the Chambers Grand Salon in the Denver Performing Arts Complex.
If you have opted to have an RVU faculty member hood you, you do not need to rent regalia for him/her.
Diploma and Guest Hooder Information
Students must fill out the diploma form (which will be made available to you prior to graduation), specifying how they would like their name to appear on the diploma, as well as how to pronounce each name. No one wants his or her name to be mispronounced during one of life’s most important moments!
This is your full name as it currently appears. Please indicate any changes you would like on your diploma at the link below. Any changes must be approved by the Registrar, Linda Cairns.
- You are welcome to include – or not – your middle name. Think about how you want to be known professionally.
- You should use your full name and not your nickname. (William, not Bob; Sandra, not Sandy).
- If you will be changing your name before graduation, let the Registrar know; fill in your name as it WILL be when you graduate. You MUST turn in proper paperwork for the name change at the time this form is completed or let the Registrar know your timeframe.
- If you will be changing your name after graduation (marriage, divorce, etc.) and would like your new name on your diploma, let the Registrar know. Fill in your name as it WILL be when you change your name. Your diploma will be held until you turn in the change of name paperwork.
- Replacement diplomas after graduation will be $50 (damaged, lost, future name changes, etc.).
On this same form, you will register your guest hooder, specifying their name, correct pronunciation of their name, their degree, and their relationship to you. This information will be read aloud, so verify it is accurate. You can also choose to have a press release of your graduation sent to your hometown newspaper.