For the first time, RVU will be holding a health fair for Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine from around the country on December 1st at its campus in Parker, Colorado. While there has occasionally been an osteopathic presence at the health fairs by the neighboring University of Colorado School of Medicine, there has never been an osteopathic-focused health fair in Colorado.
In the spirit of collaboration, RVU will be hosting eight Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine to attend and display at its upcoming Open House event. The attending colleges are:
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (MO)
- Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (VA)
- Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (IN)
- Midwestern University (AZ, IL)
- Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (WA)
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PA, GA)
- Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CA, NV, NY)
- Western University of Health Sciences (CA, OR)
The goal of this health fair is to spread information and awareness of osteopathic medicine in a state which, until RVU’s relatively recent start in 2006, did not offer an osteopathic medical education. This will be an opportunity for other Colleges, as well, to connect with potential students who are in the Mountain West region.
In addition to the osteopathic health fair, RVU will be holding live demonstrations on ultrasound, osteopathic manipulative medicine, and the nationally recognized program, “Stop the Bleed.” There will also be sessions on RVU’s extracurricular tracks and elective programs.
Additionally, RVU will be hosting the traveling exhibit, “Physician Assistants: Collaboration and Care,” by National Library of Medicine. During the Open House, visitors will have the opportunity to view the exhibit.