The specific goals of our medical missions and community outreach programs are:
- Provide quality healthcare to those living in rural and impoverished communities, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Assist with efforts to provide medical relief to victims of disaster
- Provide students in the medical profession an opportunity to hone their history and physical exam skills while under the supervision of licensed healthcare professionals.
- To encourage licensed healthcare providers to experience medicine in its purist form
- Give exposure to common chronic and unusual diseases of emerging importance in global public health
- Facilitate a global perspective of health, disease and healthcare delivery systems
- Increase exposure of osteopathic medicine beyond the United States
- Improve cultural sensitivity and communication skills which are regionally, nationally and international specific
- Provide opportunities for all individuals to participate in humanitarian outreach
Upcoming Global Medicine Trips
- Kenya, January of 2020
- Ignacio, Belize, March 7 – 15
- Santiago, Dominican Republic, March 7 – 15
- Ecuador, March 7 – 15
Contact Dr. Camille Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Hands for Health
Hands for Health, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing health care access and medical supplies to people living in the developing world. In addition to providing funding for global health-related medications and supplies, Hands for Health currently provides global health outreach opportunities for members and friends of the medical profession. The organization knows that in order to provide quality health care, we need dedicated health care providers working side by side. Soon, Hands for Health will be able to provide scholarships to select osteopathic medical students wanting to complete a global health outreach opportunity. Click here for more information on Hands for Health.