Dear RVU Family,
We hope this email finds you and your loved ones safe and well.
The RVU COVID-19 Response Team continues to meet every day to monitor the pandemic situation and ensure the safety of our community while supporting our employees and students as they continue to work and study remotely. Here is a summary of recent updates and initiatives:
- We are seeing some optimistic numbers with signs that our nationwide efforts to slow the spread are working. Let’s continue to stay at home and follow the national coronavirus guidelines to continue this positive trend.
- To further ensure the safety of our community, RVU will implement the recent CDC recommendation on face coverings. Effective immediately, everyone entering the RVU campus will be required to wear a face mask in the building, unless you are in the privacy of your own secured office or workspace.
- In Utah, the governor issues new orders on inbound travel. All drivers entering the state will need to complete an online travel declaration for screening and attestation starting today.
- Our IT department has alerted us to an increase in scams which are occurring via phishing emails, text messages, and fake websites using the names of RVU personnel in an attempt to get you to purchase gift cards and to send the number to them. These scams are becoming increasingly sophisticated and may pose as a charitable organization, friends, or family. Please be extra vigilant. Look for misspellings, links which aren’t internal, slight variations from a typical RVU email (frequently there will be an additional dot in the address). If you are uncertain of the legitimacy of the request, reach out to the stated sender (RVU employee, family or friend) or contact the RVU Helpdesk. Please note that under no circumstances would anyone within the University send a request to you for payment or verification of information via email.
- On a more positive note, our employee teams are reporting doing very well and are continuing a high level of productivity. Our HR Department has finalized the agreement with LinkedIn Learning. Several employees have already taken courses and found them highly beneficial. The program can be accessed by going to https://lnkd.in/ecthyTh and following the directions sent out by Mr. Armstrong last Sunday.
Our COVID-19 Response Team will continue to meet on a daily basis and will provide updates to the community at least once a week. We are proud of the work you are all doing and your ability to stay connected with each other during these trying times.
To our Jewish and Christian colleagues, we wish you a blessed Passover and Easter.
Stay safe and be well,
The COVID-19 Response Team