Banner Student Complaints

| Student Complaints


Rocky Vista University upholds high standards and expectations of professional conduct for all its community members. As with any institution that educates and employs a large number and variety of people, we may sometimes be challenged by conflicts, lack of clarity in policies, or problems that may arise from misunderstandings.

RVU encourages students and employees to first make attempts to resolve conflicts with the person with whom there is a dispute. When a desirable outcome cannot be reached by both parties, available options to students and employees are described within the Student Complaints Guide (PDF) located here

Retaliation or retribution of any kind from any student or employee against a complainant or other involved parties is strictly prohibited. 

Please refer to the Students Complaints Policy regarding accreditation standards.

Student Complaints Policy, Categories and Resources (PDF)

State of Texas Education Code §132.202 (for Students on Clinical Rotations in Texas)

  • Rocky Vista University is not regulated in Texas under the provisions of Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.
  • Rocky Vista University, Colorado location is regulated by the Colorado Commission of Higher Education, and complaints may be filed by contacting:

Colorado Commission of Higher Education
Office of Private Postsecondary Education
1600 Broadway, Suite 2200, Denver, CO 80202
P 303.862.3001 ,

Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)
1560 Broadway, Suite 110, Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (800) 886-7675

  • Rocky Vista University, So. Utah location is regulated by the State of Utah Department of Commerce, and complaints may be filed by contacting:

Utah Department of Commerce

Division of Consumer Protection
P.O. Box 146704, Salt Lake City, UT 84114
Phone: (801) 530-6601

State of Iowa (for Students on Clinical Rotations in Iowa)

Rocky Vista University is authorized by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission:
475 SW 5th Street, Suite D
Des Moines, IA 50309
Toll Free Number: 877-272-4456

Iowa residents with any complaints should reach out to the following:
Iowa College Student Aid Commission
Toll Free Number: 877-272-4456

State of North Carolina (for Students on Clinical Rotations in North Carolina)

The State Authorization Unit of the University of North Carolina System Office serves as the official state entity to receive complaints concerning post-secondary institutions that are authorized to operate in North Carolina. If students are unable to resolve a complaint through the institution’s grievance procedures, they can review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF) and submit their complaint using the online complaint form at For more information contact:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514; (919) 962-4558