The RVU Writing Center integrates with the curriculum through written assignments and reflections. On an individual basis, the Center supports faculty and students alike through 1-on-1 and small group meetings, offering guidance across all stages of the writing process. Through audience and genre centered instruction, specific feedback, and access to resources, the RVU Writing Center assists writers in the development of effective written communication, assignments, and professional documents.
The RVU Writing Center employs collaborative discussion and writing instruction to guide writers through all stages of the writing process and to equip writers from all backgrounds with the agency and writing skills necessary to enhance their careers and lives.
- Writing as a means to communicate, advocate, and understand ourselves and the world.
- The autonomy that comes from education and empowerment of students.
- Collaboration with students and faculty to improve writers, not simply writing.
- Respect for students, faculty, and the writing process, which develops through practice and commitment.
- Diverse ideas and the impact of individual life experiences on one’s perspective.
- Dedication to achieving excellence in all aspects of writing.
- Facilitating achievement of competencies related to attitudes, skills, knowledge, and behavior
- Leading the way in osteopathic medicine curriculum in writing incorporation and assessment
Meet the Writing Center Staff