Rocky Vista University (RVU) has the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS) which is a post-baccalaureate program that provides students with interdisciplinary academic coursework, designed to strengthen their qualifications and candidacy for medical, veterinary, dental, physician assistant, or other professional schools. The program encompasses 30 credit hours in a 9-month academic year.
The MSBS is a 9-month (30 semester hours) degree program designed to strengthen the academic background of qualified applicants who are seeking acceptance into graduate health programs, such as medical, veterinary, dental, physician assistant, or other professional programs. The MSBS currently offers a core curriculum in Biomedical Sciences designed to prepare students to enter professional education and/or advanced degree programs in the biomedical disciplines. The MSBS aims at enhancing the student’s academic record and competitiveness of his or her candidacy for a professional or graduate degree.
- To train graduate students in the principles and experimental methodologies of biomedical sciences as they relate to health and disease.
- To ensure graduates develop the requisite critical thinking skills and knowledge to satisfy a goal of entry into professional education and/or advanced degrees in the discipline.
- To aid students in attaining their placement and/or admittance goals into health-related professional education and/or advanced degrees in the biomedical disciplines.
- The majority of courses are taught by the medical school faculty (PhDs, DOs, MDs, and PharmDs)
- Case studies are widely integrated into the curriculum
- The program integrates service learning into each semester
- Exams are in block testing format to prepare students for long exams, such as the MCAT and board exams
- The program incorporates simulation experiences each semester with medical students and standardized patients
Professional Licensure Disclosure Statement (PDF)