Dear RVU Family,
We hope that you are enjoying this unique and unforgettable summer of 2020! For those of you who missed our live Town Hall session on Tuesday, you can view the recording here.
Below are some important announcements and reminders:
- Positive Test Reporting Requirements. If you test positive for COVID-19 or believe you may have COVID-19, you are required to report this as per RVU Policy.
- Employees are to contact their direct supervisor, who will then contact HR.
- Pre-clinical students are to contact the Associate Dean of Student Affairs (Dr. Roos), who will then notify the Vice President of Academic Affairs (Dr. Told). Students are also recommended to notify their respective Director of Pre-Clinical Education or Program Director.
- Students on clinical externships or rotations are to contact their preceptor and their clinical coordinator, who will then notify the Associate Dean of Clinical Education (Dr. Miller) or the PA Program Director (PA Ruff).
- Department Reintegration Plans. Managers should be conducting reintegration training with their teams now. The purpose of the training is to carefully review the Department Reintegration Plan and the Employee Return to Campus Guide.
- Holiday Campus Closure. Both the CO and UT campuses will be closed on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in observance of Independence Day Weekend.
- COVID-19 Symptoms. As cases around the country rises, please know that COVID-19 has a wide range of symptoms from mild to severe and typically appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. You can review the list of symptoms by clicking on this CDC Webpage.
- Isolation vs. Quarantine. If you test positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms, you must self-isolate. If you have had close contact with a person who tested positive or who is suspected of having COVID-19, you must self-quarantine for 14 days. You can get further guidance by clicking here.
Thank you for the role you play to keep RVU Strong! We wish you have a relaxing and extra safe Independence Day weekend!
The COVID-19 Response Team