[Parker, Colorado – January 6, 2017] Rocky Vista University (RVU) is pleased to announce appointments to its newly established Executive Advisory Council. The Council was created to provide guidance and advice regarding community relations and other pertinent matters to the leadership and faculty at RVU’s new medical school, Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Southern Utah (RVUCOM-SU) located in Ivins.
The RVUCOM-SU Executive Advisory Council includes men and women from Utah who are leaders in their respective fields and communities. Members include:
- Stan Albrecht, PhD, recently retired as President of Utah State University;
- Timothy B. Anderson, JD Jones, Waldo, Holbrook & McDonough, PC, St. George, Utah Office serving as Chairman;
- R. Lane Beattie, President and CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce;
- Mindy Benson, Vice President for Alumni and Community Relations at Southern Utah University;
- B. Grant Bishop, MD, Dermatologist and Professor Emeritus at the University of Utah School of Medicine;
- Eric Leavitt, CEO of the Leavitt Group headquartered in Cedar City, Utah;
- Donna L. Milavetz, MD, CEO of Salt Lake City-based On Site Care Clinics;
- Derek Miller, President and CEO of Utah World Trade Center;
- Warren A. Peterson, DO, Dermatologist and osteopathic educator residing in Woodland Hills, Utah;
- Richard G. Whitehead, DDS, former administrator at Dixie State College and Southern Virginia University.
Clinton Adams, DO, President and CEO of Rocky Vista University stated: “We are very pleased to have such a cross-section of prominent Utahans to serve on the committee as we finally realize this significant new addition to higher education in the state.”
The new medical school will welcome 125 students as members of its Inaugural Class on July 25 of this year.
The Utah campus, which is currently under construction, will include a new 104,000 square feet teaching facility and also student apartment housing located on the 30- acre campus.