Dear RVU Family,
Cases of COVID-19 continue to spike throughout the nation. In the past week, CO cases have increased 20.68% and UT cases have increased at 17.04% compared to the prior week. We cannot stress enough the importance of doing your part to ensure the ongoing safety of our community.
Here are the updates for this week:
- CRT Town Hall: Thank you to those of you who attended our most recent COVID-19 Town Hall. The Power Point slides from the meeting are attached to this email for your review and the recorded session is available to watch here.
- Holiday Travel & Gathering Guidelines: Holidays can be stressful, but even more so now in a pandemic. The CDC has developed guidelines for staying safe and stopping the spread during holidays if you absolutely must travel. Read the guidelines.
- Self-Care: During challenging times many people experience additional stress and would benefit by reaching out for help. A list of mental health resources for students and employees is available on our COVID-19 webpage and also attached to this email.
- Upcoming Employee Gallup Survey: As a continuation of the efforts from our EVP teams and the University’s commitment to our employees, our HR Team has again partnered with Gallup to understand how our employees are doing during the current pandemic work situation. We are asking all employees to complete a brief, 3-5 minute, survey. Your anonymous responses will allow Gallup to provide us the most accurate data at a group-level and guide us on necessary steps that need to be taken. Please monitor your email early next week for the survey link that will be sent directly from Gallup. The survey will be open until Tuesday, November 24th. The results of the survey will be shared with all employees at the President’s Town Hall on December 9th.
- Myth: Cold weather can kill the Coronavirus.
Fact: Cold weather can't kill the new virus. The best way to protect yourself from coronavirus is to clean your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and avoid touching your face.
Thank you for your ongoing dedication in keeping our community safe. Be safe and stay well.
COVID-19 Response Team