The RVU PA Program reviews only verified applications. An application file will be considered complete and reviewable by the PA Program Admissions Committee after satisfactorily completing the following steps:
Step One: Complete the CASPA application.All applications must be submitted to and verified by CASPA by our September 1 deadline for consideration. The following must be submitted for the CASPA application to be considered complete:
- CASPA online application (including responses to supplemental questions)
- Official GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) scores within the past five (5) years
- Scores sent directly to CASPA using code: 4111
- Official transcripts
- Three letters of reference
Step Two: Complete the RVU supplemental essay questions.The program requires a supplemental application to be completed and submitted with the CASPA application. The questions can be found within the CASPA application. Once the CASPA application and supplemental application have been submitted and verified by CASPA, the RVU Admissions Department will notify applicants by email with instructions to submit a $100 non-refundable candidate processing fee. This fee is separate from the required CASPA application fee. Applications are not reviewed by the RVU PA Program until the fee has been submitted to the RVU Admissions Department. RVU is a military-friendly institution and will waive the supplemental application fee for all veterans/active-duty military personnel and their spouses.
Applications are reviewed in order of receipt. The Program interviews approximately 110-150 applicants for a maximum cohort size of 36. Applicants are notified of the offer to interview by email and are expected to respond within 10 business days. Interview slots will be offered until filled. The selection process for the RVU PA Program is highly competitive. Applicants are reviewed on an individualized and holistic basis that includes but is not limited to the applicant’s commitment to service, academic ability, healthcare experience, letters of reference and potential for success in, and contribution to the profession. The program strives to admit those who will best meet the mission and goals of the program. Invitations are extended to those applicants that the Admissions Committee perceives to be competitive for admissions based on this holistic review.
Offers of acceptance are made continuously until the class is filled. Final decisions may not be complete until early Spring. Each applicant offered a seat in the class must acknowledge acceptance of the offer within ten (10) business days of their notification and submit a non-refundable acceptance deposit of $500.Prior to matriculating into the Program, accepted students must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully pass a criminal background check. **Applicants convicted of any criminal offense, regardless of its designation, involving a crime of moral turpitude or a crime against a child or elder, will not be considered.
- Successfully pass a completed drug screen.
- Submit documentation of current BLS (healthcare providers) certification.
- Provide evidence of compliance with CDC guidelines for healthcare workers regarding immunizations, screening and freedom from communicable diseases.
- All students must meet the technical standards of the PA Program prior to and throughout the program. Technical Standards can be found here.