The RVU PA Program reviews only verified applications. An application file will be considered complete and reviewable by the PA Program Admissions Committee after satisfactorily completing the following steps:
Step One: Complete the CASPA application. All applications must be submitted to and verified by CASPA by our September 1 deadline for consideration. Please note that it may take CASPA up to 6 weeks to verify an application. The following must be submitted for the CASPA application to be considered complete:
- CASPA online application (including responses to supplemental questions)
- Official transcripts
- Three letters of reference
Step Two: Complete the RVU supplemental essay questions. The program requires a supplemental application to be completed and submitted with the CASPA application. The questions can be found within the CASPA application. Once the CASPA application and supplemental application have been submitted and verified by CASPA, the RVU Admissions Department will screen and review the application.
Applications are reviewed in order of receipt. The Program interviews approximately 110-150 applicants for a maximum cohort size of 36. Applicants are notified of the offer to interview by email and are expected to respond within 10 business days. Interview slots will be offered until filled. The selection process for the RVU PA Program is highly competitive. Applicants are reviewed on an individualized and holistic basis that includes, but is not limited to, the applicant’s commitment to service, academic ability, healthcare experience, letters of reference and potential for success in, and contribution to the profession. The program strives to admit those who will best meet the mission and goals of the program. Invitations are extended to those applicants that the Admissions Committee perceives to be competitive for admissions based on this holistic review.
Offers of acceptance are made continuously until the class is filled. Final decisions may not be complete until early Spring. Each applicant offered a seat in the class must acknowledge acceptance of the offer within ten (10) business days of their notification and submit a non-refundable acceptance deposit of $500. A second $500 non-refundable deposit must be submitted in April of the year of matriculation. Prior to matriculating into the Program, accepted students must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully pass a criminal background check. **Applicants convicted of any criminal offense, regardless of its designation, involving a crime of moral turpitude or a crime against a child or elder, are subject to further review by the Admissions Committee prior to consideration for matriculation
- Successfully pass a completed drug screen.
- Submit documentation of current BLS (healthcare providers) certification.
- Provide evidence of compliance with CDC guidelines for healthcare workers regarding immunizations, screening and freedom from communicable diseases.
- All students must meet the technical standards of the PA Program prior to and throughout the program. Technical Standards can be found here.