RVU At A Glance
- RVU was established in 2006 as the nation’s first private, for-profit health sciences university to offer a professional medical degree since 1910. As a for-profit organization, RVU provides significant benefits for the state of Colorado without requiring direct, tax-based support.
- RVU operates as an independent, privately-funded organization with a Board of Trustees that administers oversight of the operations, administration, education, and policy of the University.
- RVU selected Colorado as its home for the first campus due to the large number of counties designated as medically underserved areas, with only one other medical school to serve the state. Similarly, RVU chose Utah for its upcoming second campus because of the shortage of primary care physicians in the state.
- RVU chose osteopathic medicine as its first program because of its emphasis on primary care and its mind-body-spirit approach to medicine. The University plans to add additional programs in the future.
- RVU’s Colorado campus is housed in a 145,000 sf, technologically advanced building in Parker, Colorado in Douglas County. While the University does not rely on state funding, it does contribute significantly to the economic development of the Town of Parker, Douglas County, and the State of Colorado, with an estimated economic impact of more than $75 million.
- The Utah campus will be located on 104,000 square feet, with the same state-of-the-art technology and features as the Colorado campus. Likewise, it will not rely on state or local tax support, but instead, will provide significant contributions to the area: in terms of paying taxes, providing jobs to the community, and keeping Utahans in their home state to pursue their medical education.
Included among the facilities of the Colorado campus are:
- RVU has regional accreditation from Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- RVUCOM is accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- RVU’s Surgical Simulation Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), the only osteopathic medical school to receive this accreditation.
Rankings and Honors
Colleges and Programs
- Residency Specialties and Locations
- Click here to see where RVUCOM-CO students matched for the Class of 2017.
All facts are accurate as of May 2017. Tuition rates are updated each academic calendar year.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Click here for more information about RVUCOM’s graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website. Click here for more information about the MSBS program’s estimated debt of students who complete the program and other important information.
Sexual Misconduct and Non-Discrimination Policy (PDF)
Sexual Misconduct and Non-Discrimination Reporting, Investigating, and Hearing Procedures (PDF)
Consumer disclosure statement (Word)