The Office of Testing (OOT) works with students, faculty, and administration to coordinate all assessment-related events: exams, quizzes, remediations, ADA-compliant exams for students with testing accommodations, and post-exam reviews for all of the University’s programs. OOT edits exam items to meet the highest standards of grammar, effective communication, and National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) format. We partner with Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment, and Curriculum personnel and committees, College of Medicine Preclinical Education and Clinical Education departments, and the Program Directors for Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences and Physician Assistant Studies on assessment-related initiatives, including curriculum mapping for accreditation purposes.
- Student technical support for all testing events
- Exam building, administration, and scoring utilizing the secure electronic testing platform, ExamSoft
- Secure proctoring that prepares students for the environment of NBME exams
- Faculty development in the areas of item writing and submission, testing technology, interpretation of exam statistics, and category tagging
- Posting of grades and generation of individualized score reports to support student learning