The RVU MSBS is a 9-month (30 semester hour) degree program. Our mission is to provide an opportunity for students with diverse backgrounds and life experience to strengthen their educational foundation in the biomedical sciences, cultivate critical thinking skills, and prepare for careers in the health sciences. We serve a wide range of pre-health students, including second career students and those looking to improve their applications to graduate health programs such as DO, MD, dental, physician assistant, veterinary, and others. Graduating students have reported improvements in studying technique, test-taking skills, GPA, and standardized test scores.
What makes RVU’s MSBS program stand out?
- The majority of courses are taught by the medical school faculty (PhDs, DOs, MDs, Pharmacologists and PharmDs)
- Case studies are widely integrated into the curriculum
- The program integrates service learning into each semester
- Exams are in block testing format to prepare students for long exams, such as the MCAT and board exams
- The program incorporates simulation experiences each semester with medical students and standardized patients
- The program includes integration and instruction with medical and PA students.