Dear RVU Team,
Our Contact Tracers are getting busier and busier as COVID-19 cases continue to rise in both Utah and Colorado. In anticipation and preparation for more contact tracing cases, the CRT is requesting more volunteers to join our team of Contact Tracers.
Here are the expectations to serve as an RVU Contact Tracer:
- Receive approval from your immediate supervisor first.
- Completion of the online training at Coursera John Hopkins Contact Tracing Training (approximately 6 hours and may count as scholarly activity)
- Conduct thorough investigations of RVU students or employees when assigned a case by the Contact Tracing Coordinator (Sarah Nordgran)
- Maintain absolute confidentiality, and comply with all FERPA and HIPAA regulations
- Support CRT initiatives to promote a safe and healthy campus environment
- Refer positive COVID-19 cases and contacts outside of the RVU community to the appropriate public health department based on location
- Notify Dr. Kinder on issues that may arise or provide feedback on improving the contact tracing processes.
If you are interested in this service and scholarly opportunity, discuss with your supervisor, complete the training, and email your commitment intent along with the course certificate of completion to Sarah Nordgran.
Please direct any questions to Dr. Kinder at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Response Team