Dear RVU Family,
We hope that you all have had another safe, healthy, and productive week of telecommuting and virtual learning. We are happy to report that the RVU family is working closely together and supporting one another more than ever during these challenging times. Here are a few highlights, reminders and updates from this week:
- Yesterday was Stress Awareness Day. We know that many of you have increased levels of stress due to the many challenging changes caused by the pandemic. Please use one of these resources to help reduce your stress. RVU cares about your mental health and is here for you.
- Dr. Told was featured this week in an article in The DO discussing fourth-year osteopathic medical students that will graduate early due to COVID-19 at osteopathic medical schools nation-wide.
- Emergency financial aid grant. Students, this is a reminder that applications are due by Friday, April 24. You can find the application and more information under the Financial Aid section on our COVID-19 Students Webpage.
- COVID-19 confirmation testing is performed by using Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) for the detection of SARS CoV-2 from respiratory specimen (eg. nasopharyngeal swab). Unfortunately, testing availability has been scarce and priority given to certain high risk individuals and essential healthcare workers. However, larger scale testing is beginning to happen in certain regions. Click here for Utah.
- A different test has recently been developed to detect antibodies against SARS CoV-2 from blood samples. It could determine if a person has recovered and/or has immunity. In the future, this antibody test may help determine who can safely return to work or attend live classes. Click here to learn more.
We will continue to meet daily to plan the upcoming future and keep you informed. Have a safe and healthy weekend.
The COVID-19 Response Team