Dear RVU Family,
We hope this email finds you and your loved ones in good health as we surpass the one million mark of COVID-19 cases in the United States.
Our team continues to meet daily. A summary of recent updates and initiatives is as follows:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has published the following updated COVID-19 symptoms checklist:
- Cough and shortness of breath plus two of any of the following:
- Fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss or taste or smell
- This week Colorado has transitioned to a Level 2: Safer at Home status. This means Coloradans are strongly advised to stay at home although they are no longer ordered to do so. Utah is expected to follow on May 1.
- Colorado’s Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) has launched a symptom checker which you can use to report your symptoms. If you share your information with the CDPHE, you will be provided with resources to help manage your symptoms and with information regarding how to get tested and to access medical care and services if necessary.
- Utah has released the “Healthy Together” App for download, which provides information to help assess symptoms, find the nearest testing center, and provides additional information. TestUtah is a community program that offers free testing even if you are potentially low risk.
- The new Governing Principles & Strategy (GPS) sub-committee of the COVID-19 Response Team was recently launched. They are tasked with creating a document which outlines guiding principles and strategies for RVU leadership in making decisions regarding emergency preparations, response, recovery and the future “new normal.”
- We understand how uncomfortable working and studying from home can be. James Harley, OMS II at our Southern Utah campus has created a brief video on Home Ergonomics/Tips for Working at Home with the endorsement of Chris Edwards, DO, from our OPP Dept. Click here to view the video.
Thank you all for your strong team spirit. We are RVU strong!
COVID-19 Response Team