RVU DNAP participates in the American Association of Colleges of Nursing Common Application Service (NursingCAS) for the receipt and processing of applications. Applications are submitted electronically through NursingCAS https://nursingcas.org/ NursingCAS processes applications within approximately 3-6 weeks. This timeframe may vary depending on the time it takes to receive an applicant’s transcripts and the volume of applications being processed. RVU DNAP’s deadline for submitting a NursingCAS application is May 1, 2024. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis, therefore, it is in an applicant’s best interest to apply early in the process. Once an applicant is verified in NursingCAS, they will receive an email containing instructions for an interview. These requirements include:
- A minimum science and cumulative GPA of 3.00;
Note: The chances for admission for a candidate with minimal grades are limited. Admission would require outstanding achievement on the part of the candidate during their career or unique individual circumstances. Preference will be given to candidates with a science and cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher.
- RVU DNAP requires candidates to take the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) within 3 years of matriculation. Note: A competitive GRE score is above 300.
- Letters of Recommendation (submitted to NursingCAS), include:
- A letter from a healthcare provider (physician, CRNA, nursing manager preferred or supervisor) who has worked with the candidate.
- An academic reference (order of preference to include Committee, Basic Science Faculty, or anyone who can speak to the candidate's ability to complete a rigorous graduate school curriculum).
- Be aware that only the maximum number of six (6) letters submitted through NursingCAS will be considered. The Office of Admissions cannot accept letters of recommendation sent directly to RVU DNAP or from any other letter service, such as Interfolio or VirtualEvals.
Applicants meeting these minimum requirements will receive an email containing instructions for receiving an interview. Within 30 days of participation in an admissions interview, the applicant will receive notification of either acceptance or denial of admission. After the class has been selected, applicants will be offered admission to the RVU DNAP program and given their assigned clinical site. Selected applicants must submit a $1,000 non-refundable seat fee to secure their seat and clinical site. The applicant has 30 days from selection to submit their seat fees. Candidates who initially do not meet the minimum academic requirements are welcome to resubmit updated information through NursingCAS. Candidates resubmitting qualifying information will then be invited to proceed through the process upon verification that the minimum requirements have been met.
An applicant’s file is considered complete upon receiving the NursingCAS application, required documents, and letters of recommendation (letters submitted with applications from previous years will not be transferred). We will only consider the maximum number of letters submitted through NursingCAS. We cannot accept letters of recommendation sent directly to RVUCOM, or from any other letter service such as Interfolio, or VirtualEvals. Please note that due to the rolling admission process, it is feasible that all interviews will be awarded before May 1, 2024.The Office of Admissions reviews all completed files and notifies applicants of their interview status. All applicants invited for an interview are given the choice of several interview date