The Institutional Review Board (IRB) provides compliance information and oversight of human subjects research to students, faculty, and staff as regulated by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP).
The IRB carries out a number of functions including:
- Oversight for the protection of human subjects in research
- Maintaining institutional compliance with regulatory requirements
- Providing training on the ethical conduct of research, biosafety, and HIPAA laws
- Providing an IRB Compliance Administrator who assists with applications, forms, and other information, as needed by investigators for submitting research proposals to the IRB for the review and approval pocess
- Maintaining records of IRB reviews and approvals, tracking of progress reports, renewal requests, and modifications of approved studies
IRB Steps to Take Before Conducting Human Subjects Research (PDF)
IRB Research Application Determination (DOC)
IRB Review FAQs (PDF)
IRB Research Compliance and Quality Assurance Information (PDF)
IRB Bylaws and SOPs (PDF)
IRB Levels of Research Review (Exempt, Expedited, or Full Board) (PDF)
IRB Member Roster (PDF)
To request application forms for an IRB review, please email the IRB Compliance Administrator at email@example.com or by calling (720) 874-2481.