RVUCOM Mission Statement
To educate and inspire students to become highly competent osteopathic physicians and lifelong learners prepared to meet the diverse healthcare needs of tomorrow through innovative education, relevant research, and compassionate service.
RVUCOM Vision Statement
- RVUCOM promotes the incorporation of traditional osteopathic principles and philosophy with an emphasis on wellness, holistic care, and the integration of structure and function in all of its educational efforts.
- RVUCOM promotes an educational model that provides an opportunity for success to its students and graduates by: a) providing access to quality educators, clinicians, and researchers; b) the promotion of active learning by its students; and c) the encouragement of individual responsibility.
- RVUCOM encourages life-long learning through its emphasis on developing educational skills and competency in its students along with the promotion of problem solving skills and an appreciation of scientific inquiry.
- RVUCOM strives to graduate osteopathic physicians who are prepared to enter and succeed in all areas or disciplines of graduate medical education.
- RVUCOM promotes the advancement and distribution of medical knowledge through its support of research and scholarly activity by its faculty, staff and students.
- RVUCOM strives to prepare physicians dedicated to improving access to quality, competent, and timely health care for all, with an emphasis on developing primary care physicians to improve medical access for at-risk and rural populations, and to provide public service and advance public health.
- RVUCOM strives to provide a curriculum and learning environment that will integrate a strong foundation of medical knowledge with the professional, cultural and ethical traits desired in its students and graduates.
- RVUCOM strives for excellence in all its activities and is dedicated to being a leader in the osteopathic profession and in its community.