The MSBS is a 9-month (30 semester hours) degree program designed to strengthen the academic background of qualified applicants who are seeking acceptance into graduate health programs, such as medical, veterinary, dental, physician assistant, or other professional programs. The MSBS currently offers a core curriculum in the Biomedical Sciences designed to prepare students to enter professional education and/or advanced degree programs in the biomedical disciplines. The MSBS aims at enhancing the student’s academic record and competitiveness of his or her candidacy for a professional or graduate degree.
What makes RVU’s MSBS program stand out?
- The majority of courses are taught by the medical school faculty (PhDs, DOs, MDs, and PharmDs)
- Case studies are widely integrated into the curriculum
- The program integrates service learning into each semester
- Exams are in block testing format to prepare students for long exams, such as the MCAT and board exams
- The program incorporates simulation experiences each semester with medical students and standardized patients