To apply for the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS) program, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Completion of all prerequisite coursework (see below) with a grade of ‘C’ or better
- An overall and science GPA of 2.6 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Official standardized test scores: MCAT, GRE, PCAT, or DAT (others potentially approved upon request)
- Completed application via PostBacCAS and a $50 supplemental application fee**
- Resume including all relevant volunteer and paid work experience, along with service and leadership activities
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from a healthcare professional and another from a pre-health advisor or committee who can attest to the candidate’s suitability to attend a graduate program in the biomedical sciences. If a letter from a pre-health advisor or committee is unavailable, the candidate may substitute a letter from a basic science faculty member.
International students: RVUCOM may consider international applicants. Demonstrated English language proficiency is required; preference will be given to applicants who have previously attended a regionally-accredited college or university in the US.
- Biology with lab: 8 semester hours
- General chemistry with lab: 8 semester hours
- Organic chemistry with lab: 8 semester hours
- Physics with lab: 8 semester hours
- English composition or Literature: 6 semester hours
- Social or behavioral sciences: 6 semester hours
Note: MSBS graduated accepted to RVUCOM will be exempt from the COM's biochemistry requirement.
**All prospective applicants must apply through PostBacCAS.